This is our method of rooting most smartphones nowadays. We are going to teach you how you can simply root your Xiaomi Redmi 2 using Root4Android Tools. Your main concerc, if you are reading this, might the about the safety of rooting phone. We will put it as it is, there is absolutely no danger implied for your phones. It is advisible though to create a backup of you sensitive information such as photos or contacts, just so unwanted situations are not created.
ABOUT Xiaomi Redmi 2
Building on last year’s Remi 1S model, the Xiaomi Redmi 2 raises the bar by adding LTE support, but unfortunately also raises the price. This makes the Redmi 2 a little less exciting than its predecessor was. Xiaomi’s build quality remains consistently good, and the screen on this phone is one of its best features. However, performance leaves a little to be desired. The MIUI 6 Android skin is clean and has some interesting features. We were impressed with the phone’s battery life, but not so pleased with its camera, which has colour temperature issues. Overall, this is an impressive phone but unlike when Xiaomi first came to India, there is effective competition at this price point now.
WHAT DOES ROOTING YOUR PHONE IMPLY
Android is am open-source operating system. This means that advanced users are allowed to see the mighty Source Code. Bascially, you can acces and even modify crytical files of your OS. This, of course, it’s awesome. Due to the fact that we need lot of the files that are already in our phones, we should not modify anything that you don’t know what is used for, so stick with this tutorial step by step. The great thing is that rooting let’s you tweak your phone to your precise preference and liking, so it enhances the experience.
THE WAY TO ROOT Xiaomi Redmi 2 WITHOUT PC
Following is the step by step proceduree of rooting Xiaomi Redmi 2 WITHOUT PC
1. You will need Root4Android Tools, so check the end of the article for the download link provided.
2. Proceed installing the .apk file.
If instalation is not allowed, go to settings, and under security tab you will need to CHECK “unknown sources“. This is the way of letting your phone know that you actually intend of installing a new app.
3. Go to home-screen, and open the recently installed Root4Android Tools.
4. In the menu of Root4Android Tools, tap “One Click Root”. We made the interface realy easy-to-use, you should not face any difficulties, so don’t worry.
ROOTING Xiaomi Redmi 2 WITH PC
Easy way ROOT Xiaomi Redmi 2 PROCEDURE WITH PC
Thinking your Windows/MacOs might be old ? Absolutely not. We optimised Root4Android Tools to work great with all of them. Try and see for yourself.
1. Download exe from the link below to root your Xiaomi Redmi 2.
2. Further, you have to enable USB-Debugging on Xiaomi Redmi 2.
To do so, go to settings, under “ about phone “, scoll down to “Build number “. Tap that section seven times, untill you see the message “You are now a developer!”
3. Install and run Root4Android Tools on you PC or Mac.
4. Connect your Xiaomi Redmi 2 to you PC/MAC with and USB cable. And allow Root4Android Tools some seconds to recognise your device.
5. Allow USB-debugging. Tap “ always allow on this computer ” , if asked.
6. Click “Root“ and wait a few minutes, the process is completely automated.
7. In the end, your phone will restart, it is normal, don’t panic. When it powers itself back on, it will be rooted.
There you have it. This is how you root your Xiaomi Redmi 2.
*For the purpose of saving time, screenshots in this tutorial were previosly made with other phone, but Xiaomi Redmi 2 was tested with this method as well, so it is safe.
DOWNLOAD ROOT4ANDROID TOOLS (LINK UPDATED)