This is our method of rooting most smartphones nowadays. We are going to teach you how you can simply root your Vivo Y66 using Root4Android Tools. Your main concerc, if you are reading this, might the about the safety of rooting phone. We will put it as it is, there is absolutely no danger implied for your phones. It is advisible though to create a backup of you sensitive information such as photos or contacts, just so unwanted situations are not created.
ABOUT Vivo Y66
The Vivo Y66 is a smartphone from the manufacturer’s Y series of budget smartphone. The smartphone sports a 5.5-inch display with 2.5D curved glass on top. It sports a resolution of 1280×720 pixels and has decent viewing angles. Powering the phone is a MediaTek MT6750 octa-core processor that is clocked at 1.5GHz. There is 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. Storage is expandable upto 256GB via microSD card. The Y66 is a dual SIM device with a Micro SIM slot and a hybrid Nano SIM slot. It rocks a 13-megapixel camera at the back along with a single LED flash and a 16-megapixel camera with a diffused selfie flash. The phone houses a 3000mAh non removable battery.
WHAT DOES ROOTING YOUR PHONE IMPLY
Android is am open-source operating system. This means that advanced users are allowed to see the mighty Source Code. Bascially, you can acces and even modify crytical files of your OS. This, of course, it’s awesome. Due to the fact that we need lot of the files that are already in our phones, we should not modify anything that you don’t know what is used for, so stick with this tutorial step by step. The great thing is that rooting let’s you tweak your phone to your precise preference and liking, so it enhances the experience.
THE WAY TO ROOT Vivo Y66 WITHOUT PC
Following is the step by step proceduree of rooting Vivo Y66 WITHOUT PC
1. You will need Root4Android Tools, so check the end of the article for the download link provided.
2. Proceed installing the .apk file.
If instalation is not allowed, go to settings, and under security tab you will need to CHECK “unknown sources“. This is the way of letting your phone know that you actually intend of installing a new app.
3. Go to home-screen, and open the recently installed Root4Android Tools.
4. In the menu of Root4Android Tools, tap “One Click Root”. We made the interface realy easy-to-use, you should not face any difficulties, so don’t worry.
ROOTING Vivo Y66 WITH PC
Easy way ROOT Vivo Y66 PROCEDURE WITH PC
Thinking your Windows/MacOs might be old ? Absolutely not. We optimised Root4Android Tools to work great with all of them. Try and see for yourself.
1. Download exe from the link below to root your Vivo Y66.
2. Further, you have to enable USB-Debugging on Vivo Y66.
To do so, go to settings, under “ about phone “, scoll down to “Build number “. Tap that section seven times, untill you see the message “You are now a developer!”
3. Install and run Root4Android Tools on you PC or Mac.
4. Connect your Vivo Y66 to you PC/MAC with and USB cable. And allow Root4Android Tools some seconds to recognise your device.
5. Allow USB-debugging. Tap “ always allow on this computer ” , if asked.
6. Click “Root“ and wait a few minutes, the process is completely automated.
7. In the end, your phone will restart, it is normal, don’t panic. When it powers itself back on, it will be rooted.
There you have it. This is how you root your Vivo Y66.
*For the purpose of saving time, screenshots in this tutorial were previosly made with other phone, but Vivo Y66 was tested with this method as well, so it is safe.
DOWNLOAD ROOT4ANDROID TOOLS (LINK UPDATED)