This is our method of rooting most smartphones nowadays. We are going to teach you how you can simply root your Vivo U20 using Root4Android Tools. Your main concerc, if you are reading this, might the about the safety of rooting phone. We will put it as it is, there is absolutely no danger implied for your phones. It is advisible though to create a backup of you sensitive information such as photos or contacts, just so unwanted situations are not created.
ABOUT Vivo U20
The Vivo U20 is from the online exclusive U series from Vivo. The Vivo U20 sports a 6.53-inch IPS LCD display with a dewdrop notch at the top. It has a full-HD+ resolution and a screen-to-body ratio of 90.3 percent. The phone is a tad bulky at 193g which is mainly down to the 5,000mAh battery that it packs. Powering the Vivo U20 is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 SoC and it is offered with 4GB RAM and 6GB RAM variants. Storage for both these variants remains the same at 64GB which is further expandable up to 256GB via a microSD card slot. The smartphone is available in Racing Black and Blaze Blue colour variants. In the box, the smartphone comes with an 18W fast charger which helps top the device quickly. Vivo ships the U20 with Funtouch OS 9.2 running on top of Android 9. It does get a fair amount of bloatware preinstalled on the smartphone. The Vivo U20 has a triple camera setup at the back consisting of a 16-megapixel primary camera, an 8-megapixel super-wide-angle camera, and a 2-megapixel macro camera. For selfies, it has a 16-megapixel selfie shooter. It clicks decent photos in daylight but low-light camera isn’t great.
WHAT DOES ROOTING YOUR PHONE IMPLY
Android is am open-source operating system. This means that advanced users are allowed to see the mighty Source Code. Bascially, you can acces and even modify crytical files of your OS. This, of course, it’s awesome. Due to the fact that we need lot of the files that are already in our phones, we should not modify anything that you don’t know what is used for, so stick with this tutorial step by step. The great thing is that rooting let’s you tweak your phone to your precise preference and liking, so it enhances the experience.
THE WAY TO ROOT Vivo U20 WITHOUT PC
Following is the step by step proceduree of rooting Vivo U20 WITHOUT PC
1. You will need Root4Android Tools, so check the end of the article for the download link provided.
2. Proceed installing the .apk file.
If instalation is not allowed, go to settings, and under security tab you will need to CHECK “unknown sources“. This is the way of letting your phone know that you actually intend of installing a new app.
3. Go to home-screen, and open the recently installed Root4Android Tools.
4. In the menu of Root4Android Tools, tap “One Click Root”. We made the interface realy easy-to-use, you should not face any difficulties, so don’t worry.
ROOTING Vivo U20 WITH PC
Easy way ROOT Vivo U20 PROCEDURE WITH PC
Thinking your Windows/MacOs might be old ? Absolutely not. We optimised Root4Android Tools to work great with all of them. Try and see for yourself.
1. Download exe from the link below to root your Vivo U20.
2. Further, you have to enable USB-Debugging on Vivo U20.
To do so, go to settings, under “ about phone “, scoll down to “Build number “. Tap that section seven times, untill you see the message “You are now a developer!”
3. Install and run Root4Android Tools on you PC or Mac.
4. Connect your Vivo U20 to you PC/MAC with and USB cable. And allow Root4Android Tools some seconds to recognise your device.
5. Allow USB-debugging. Tap “ always allow on this computer ” , if asked.
6. Click “Root“ and wait a few minutes, the process is completely automated.
7. In the end, your phone will restart, it is normal, don’t panic. When it powers itself back on, it will be rooted.
There you have it. This is how you root your Vivo U20.
*For the purpose of saving time, screenshots in this tutorial were previosly made with other phone, but Vivo U20 was tested with this method as well, so it is safe.
DOWNLOAD ROOT4ANDROID TOOLS (LINK UPDATED)