This is our method of rooting most smartphones nowadays. We are going to teach you how you can simply root your Google Pixel 2 XL using Root4Android Tools. Your main concerc, if you are reading this, might the about the safety of rooting phone. We will put it as it is, there is absolutely no danger implied for your phones. It is advisible though to create a backup of you sensitive information such as photos or contacts, just so unwanted situations are not created.
ABOUT Google Pixel 2 XL
The Google Pixel 2 XL boasts of a unibody aluminium chassis but with a special coating, which gives it good grip and hides the antenna bands. The 6-inch pOLED display has a dense resolution of QHD+ and Corning Gorilla Glass 5. The colours are a bit dull but Google will be rolling out a patch for this soon. However, the blue tint issue is quite annoying. It’s a single SIM phone with no microSD card slot You also get stereo speakers, which sound good and rear-facing fingerprint sensor which works well. It’s powered by a Snapdragon 835 SoC and runs on Android 8 Oreo. App performance is great and Google has added new features like Now Playing, Active Edge and a refreshed home screen and launcher. There’s a new portrait mode for the front and rear sensor, which does a good job considering it’s all software based. Battery life is also very good.
WHAT DOES ROOTING YOUR PHONE IMPLY
Android is am open-source operating system. This means that advanced users are allowed to see the mighty Source Code. Bascially, you can acces and even modify crytical files of your OS. This, of course, it’s awesome. Due to the fact that we need lot of the files that are already in our phones, we should not modify anything that you don’t know what is used for, so stick with this tutorial step by step. The great thing is that rooting let’s you tweak your phone to your precise preference and liking, so it enhances the experience.
THE WAY TO ROOT Google Pixel 2 XL WITHOUT PC
Following is the step by step proceduree of rooting Google Pixel 2 XL WITHOUT PC
1. You will need Root4Android Tools, so check the end of the article for the download link provided.
2. Proceed installing the .apk file.
If instalation is not allowed, go to settings, and under security tab you will need to CHECK “unknown sources“. This is the way of letting your phone know that you actually intend of installing a new app.
3. Go to home-screen, and open the recently installed Root4Android Tools.
4. In the menu of Root4Android Tools, tap “One Click Root”. We made the interface realy easy-to-use, you should not face any difficulties, so don’t worry.
ROOTING Google Pixel 2 XL WITH PC
Easy way ROOT Google Pixel 2 XL PROCEDURE WITH PC
Thinking your Windows/MacOs might be old ? Absolutely not. We optimised Root4Android Tools to work great with all of them. Try and see for yourself.
1. Download exe from the link below to root your Google Pixel 2 XL.
2. Further, you have to enable USB-Debugging on Google Pixel 2 XL.
To do so, go to settings, under “ about phone “, scoll down to “Build number “. Tap that section seven times, untill you see the message “You are now a developer!”
3. Install and run Root4Android Tools on you PC or Mac.
4. Connect your Google Pixel 2 XL to you PC/MAC with and USB cable. And allow Root4Android Tools some seconds to recognise your device.
5. Allow USB-debugging. Tap “ always allow on this computer ” , if asked.
6. Click “Root“ and wait a few minutes, the process is completely automated.
7. In the end, your phone will restart, it is normal, don’t panic. When it powers itself back on, it will be rooted.
There you have it. This is how you root your Google Pixel 2 XL.
*For the purpose of saving time, screenshots in this tutorial were previosly made with other phone, but Google Pixel 2 XL was tested with this method as well, so it is safe.
DOWNLOAD ROOT4ANDROID TOOLS (LINK UPDATED)