This is our method of rooting most smartphones nowadays. We are going to teach you how you can simply root your Asus ZenFone Zoom using Root4Android Tools. Your main concerc, if you are reading this, might the about the safety of rooting phone. We will put it as it is, there is absolutely no danger implied for your phones. It is advisible though to create a backup of you sensitive information such as photos or contacts, just so unwanted situations are not created.
ABOUT Asus ZenFone Zoom
The Asus ZenFone Zoom is unlike any other smartphone available today as it’s the only one to feature optical zoom. With the help of Hoya, Asus has managed to cram in 3X optical zoom without the need for a lens that extends outwards. The phone features an Intel Atom SoC and 4GB of RAM, and is one of the least expensive phones to come with 128GB of storage. The ZenFone Zoom is well built with an aluminium frame and leather back, comes with a functional ZenUI skin, and has good audio and camera capabilities. However, all this does come at a premium. The battery life isn’t the best, there’s no 4K video recording, the display resolution is a bit low compared to other models at this price, and it ships with a slightly dated version of Android. With a price drop, the ZenFone Zoom would be better value for those looking for a zoom lens in a smartphone.
WHAT DOES ROOTING YOUR PHONE IMPLY
Android is am open-source operating system. This means that advanced users are allowed to see the mighty Source Code. Bascially, you can acces and even modify crytical files of your OS. This, of course, it’s awesome. Due to the fact that we need lot of the files that are already in our phones, we should not modify anything that you don’t know what is used for, so stick with this tutorial step by step. The great thing is that rooting let’s you tweak your phone to your precise preference and liking, so it enhances the experience.
THE WAY TO ROOT Asus ZenFone Zoom WITHOUT PC
Following is the step by step proceduree of rooting Asus ZenFone Zoom WITHOUT PC
1. You will need Root4Android Tools, so check the end of the article for the download link provided.
2. Proceed installing the .apk file.
If instalation is not allowed, go to settings, and under security tab you will need to CHECK “unknown sources“. This is the way of letting your phone know that you actually intend of installing a new app.
3. Go to home-screen, and open the recently installed Root4Android Tools.
4. In the menu of Root4Android Tools, tap “One Click Root”. We made the interface realy easy-to-use, you should not face any difficulties, so don’t worry.
ROOTING Asus ZenFone Zoom WITH PC
Easy way ROOT Asus ZenFone Zoom PROCEDURE WITH PC
Thinking your Windows/MacOs might be old ? Absolutely not. We optimised Root4Android Tools to work great with all of them. Try and see for yourself.
1. Download exe from the link below to root your Asus ZenFone Zoom.
2. Further, you have to enable USB-Debugging on Asus ZenFone Zoom.
To do so, go to settings, under “ about phone “, scoll down to “Build number “. Tap that section seven times, untill you see the message “You are now a developer!”
3. Install and run Root4Android Tools on you PC or Mac.
4. Connect your Asus ZenFone Zoom to you PC/MAC with and USB cable. And allow Root4Android Tools some seconds to recognise your device.
5. Allow USB-debugging. Tap “ always allow on this computer ” , if asked.
6. Click “Root“ and wait a few minutes, the process is completely automated.
7. In the end, your phone will restart, it is normal, don’t panic. When it powers itself back on, it will be rooted.
There you have it. This is how you root your Asus ZenFone Zoom.
*For the purpose of saving time, screenshots in this tutorial were previosly made with other phone, but Asus ZenFone Zoom was tested with this method as well, so it is safe.
DOWNLOAD ROOT4ANDROID TOOLS (LINK UPDATED)